Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The fall off the blogging bandwagon.....ouch!

Oh, the world of blogging. How I love it. However, mostly how I love to read the blogs that i follow. But then, of course, I came to the realization that I want to do as well with my blog as these "super-bloggers" do with theirs. However, the fact that I have a whopping four followers and probably about that many regular readers, well it pees on my parade a little bit - but I shall not get discouraged.

An update on the highs and lows of life in the land of Nate and Jen since the last blog update has included:

Highs: continued b-day celebrations, including my hubby-love and my dear friend Robyn; an amazing trip to French Lick/West Baden as a treat from my lovely grandparents

Lows: the death of another friendship under similar circumstances to the troubles/woes of the last year. Without bloody detail on this one, I am just really, REALLY sick and tired of this. I will more than recognize the fact that I have made mistakes and am far from perfect, but really hurtful things have been said and done to me/us both to us directly and behind our backs. Perhaps the lesson a person takes out of this story is something to the effect of "tough times make people show their true colors, sometimes those colors are rosy pink and lovely, sometimes they are the color of bile and vomit, and some people really seem to actually get pleasure out of kicking you while you're down"......OUCH - and so, yes, I am still recovering from more than a little hurt in some of these circumstances, but I need to continue to see the positives (and there are a TON of them) and not focus on the negatives or hurtful things. This is something I have to remind myself of often.

Hunnie love is on his Spring Break. He is using it to get some things done - and I am sure appreciative of it. He is doing a little bit of study, but not too much. He has a good attitude about it and wants to go back in to school on Monday really refreshed.

On a super-fun note, my momma and I are going to be seeing Tom Petty live in Indy in July. I am so pumped up about it I can barely stand it! It is going to be an amazing concert, and mom and I are going to have a GREAT time.

Gram and Gramp will be visiting this weekend for a few days. Momzie (Nate's sweet mom) will be making a visit next weekend. My mom and Mike are planning a visit at the beginning of April for Mike and Nate's b-days (they are pretty much b-day buddies)

Oh, and did I mention that it is beginning to feel an awful lot like spring? Oh, how I am happy about warmer weather and sun! Chin up-attitude check! And now, let's move forward, onward and upward!

I will make a continued effort on the blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oof, about the friendship gone wrong thing.
    BEEN THERE.
    One of my least favorite troubles as a human, right next to ear zits.

    ReplyDelete