Monday, March 29, 2010

For the Bible tells me so.....

Ok, so here's the deal. Today stunk.....a LOT. Same issues, still rehashing them. I haven't really been in the mood for blogging. I don't know, I guess I am nursing some wounds, and then once the wounds begin to scab over, then someone rips them open again and poors salt and lemon juice in them. I know, it stinks, right?

While I was more than a tiny bit tempted to use the blog as a venting post (although without names) I thought there may have been a better angle. And so, now I will share some scriptures that I find encouraging. The "religion" angle is one I am still finding my comfort level with, but what I do know is that it makes me feel peaceful - and so - here we go.

Romans 8:31 - If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:18 - consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Phillipians 4:13 - I can do everything through him who strengthens me.
Psalms 121:2-3 - My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber.

And on that note, with some of the previous circumstances that have been troubling me for a few months. This is the appropriate scripture to finish on-

2 Timothy 4:7 - I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

And so, whatever lesson was supposed to reveal itself through this mess will still be unfolded to me, because what I know right now is that my emotions and feelings are still in the way a little bit. However, I can be patient, I have all the time in the world.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment