Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally! Proof I am actually a princess.....

For around 20 years, I have been trying to make a case that I am actually a Princess. It all began with a lot of Disney movies (the heroine was always a princess),I began my "training" by dressing up a lot as a princess. I would watch Priness Diana with the eye of a young girl who was following in her footsteps. I used to ask for crowns and flowers.

Ok, well, maybe not all in the previous paragraph is completely true, but my little Bapa sure did a good job of ensuring that I grew up like a princess. Hopefully all (both) of you are familiar with the story of "The Princess and the Pea." The story is of a princess who sleeps on a whole bunch of mattresses, and in between two of the many mattresses they have placed a single pea. It is a way to find the "true" princess from the many women in the running, since, of course, a real princess would sense the single pea.

Last night, hunnie love and I went out on a "real" date. It was fun! It seems like it has been a little while since we have done this. I didn't get too fancy, or anything, but I did want to look nice for our "real" date.....so I put on cute shoes, a cute top, and - here is the kicker - earrings.

A few notes about earrings - I have had my ears pierced since I was four (my mom actually let me get them pierced because I was dressing up as a princess for Halloween and I insisted that a princess had to wear dangley earrings - coincidence, I think not!) I honestly can't really remember my "holes" ever closing. Until yesterday - ummmmm....what the heck is that all about?!?! It hasn't been THAT long since I have worn earrings, I don't know, maybe a few weeks. All I know is that I put an earring in my left ear with no trouble, however, the right ear had actually closed in the back. Know what stinks? Re-piercing your own ear.....ouch! So I shoved the earring through there - I don't think it bled, but it did hurt.

So last night when we got home I decided that I should sleep in the earrings. They are just the nicest pair of studs I have - but I DON'T sleep in earrings. I am a side sleeper and earrings mess up my sleeping ju-ju. All I know is that I had a terrible night last night. I fell asleep around 10:30 - only to wake up at 12:30 - WIDE AWAKE. I was hot, my back hurt, you name it - I was feelin' in. No matter what you say, I am blaming the whole mess on wearing earrings to bed. End of story. And that, dear ones, is the proof that I am indeed a princess. While a mere non-princess wouldn't have a trouble in the world sleeping in earrings, a real princess like me had the worst night's sleep ever, all from two teesey-tiny earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment