Friday, April 23, 2010

A bad night at the Stewarts -

It all began innocently enough. I was running errands and had the desire for a decaf caramel frappacino from my beloved Starbucks. I treat myself to them occassionally, and they have never posed a problem. It was about 4:00 in the afternoon. I enjoyed my delicious beverage/snack oh so much and felt fine - well, felt fine for all of about an hour. I came back home for a little while and realized I needed to pop over to Target. I went in to Target and was grabbing a folder/organizer - when all of the sudden I thought I was going to hurl all over the floor at Target. Hello?!? What the heck is that all about? I haven't been "hit" with that wave of sickness in quite a while. I made it back home without puking - and hoped a Zofran would help.

When I arrived home, I came in the house and took one look and Hans and knew he wasn't feeling well. Occassionally he gets what Nate and I refer to as "the fidgets." Generally "the fidgets" stem from one of three issues - the infamous 3 Bs - Back, Belly, or Butt. Sometimes he pulls his back out. Sometimes he has a belly ache. He has had a past history of anal sack issues, which explains the "butt" B. After we watch him for a little bit we can usually determine which one of these it is by his actions. Turns out this time Nate and I are putting our bet on the belly.

Well, by around 10:00 the situation was this: Hans was a mess - not sitting still, being "whiney" (and yes, the dog can absolutely be "whiney" - he whimpers and cries and is just generally extra needy.) And then there was me......I had turned into a three year old - "I don't feel well," "My belly hurts, "I don't want to throw up." Suffice it to say - the poor hubby love knew he was in for a fun night.

We laid down - but Hans had to be in his "cage" on the floor of our bedroom. He was making pathetic noises and keep disrupting us. I woke up at 1:00 and knew my cries of "I don't want to throw up" weren't going to hold any water. Even though it was 9 hours after the frappacino - the frapaccino made its way back up - and none to nicely (as if there is a nice way to puke.....) Meanwhile I am calling Nate in. "I need water. Can you get me some medicine? Can you tuck me back in? I don't feel well....." Blah, Blah, Blah.

Nate tried to lay back down. I felt a little bit bettter after the "hurl" incident. However, Hans was back to whining an extra amount, so poor hunnie took Hans in to the guest bedroom and Nate slept in there with him.

Boy - in between myself and Hans, we are giving Nate some GREAT practice for what it is going to be like to have kids!

Thanks goodness today was my "day off" - so although I had some plans, I was able to cancel those for the day. I still don't feel great, but I am eating some bland foods and having a drink. So far, so good - I don't think they will be coming back up.

No more caramel frappacinos for me - I can't think that I will want one of those any time soon...............

No comments:

Post a Comment