Friday, May 28, 2010

Life - the game of catch up.....

For a while I have had it in my head that I am going to roll out some new kind of system in which I will update the blog daily.....ok, let's be honest and real - it is NOT going to happen - in this lifetime or the next. So, I am going to begin to make a goal to update it weekly. This sounds a lot more "doable." The goal will be a weekly blog post, with the obvious option or possibility of updating it "when the mood strikes" or when I have a fabulous story to share as well - however these "special features" will be separate from the regular "weekly update." I am hopeful that since I have posted this, I will hold to it - we shall see as time unfolds.

The past week has been busy and exciting. My grandparents came to town last Thursday. As they were coming in to town, they even stopped to visit the office and see The Post. It was so much fun. They got to meet some of my co-workers and bosses - and for the best part, they got to see the archives. They both loved it, but especially Bapa. We had fun, ate out, enjoyed lots of good company, and were sad to see them leave on Saturday.

Sunday I stepped back in to help or do some teaching with the Sunday Schoolers at Mt. Auburn. I had helped out for a while, then with the sickness and mess of the pregnancy, I stepped out of the picture for a while. I wanted to do some more over the summer and leave the option open for after Miles is born.

Speaking of Miles and his upcoming arrival (less than 4 months till his due date) he is doing well. He moves around - A LOT. I have felt him moving since around 15 or 16 weeks. Nate has been feeling him move from about 18 weeks. This past week three more people got to feel him move - my Gram, Marty, and Amanda. The movements are much more distinguishable and over the weekend I even began seeing my belly move when he does - it is amazing, but an odd sensation. All I know is that I am head-over-heels in love with the alien currently residing in my belly. I had my "regular" appointment last week and all looks fine. I am measuring a little bit on the small side and haven't gained too much weight yet, but the doctor seemed unconcerned and I am happy! On June 18th I have my next appointment and it is a longer one in which I will have my glucose testing done to check for Gestational Diabetes. I am already anticipating that it will show up normal, but it is a standard test that they run at that time. I am 25 weeks 1 day as of the writing of this post, and the weeks continue to tick down at an ever increasing amount of speed! I have two baby showers coming up in the next few months, and am excited about those - they will be fun!

Nate is still crazy insane busy, but only for 4 more days! He takes boards on Tuesday morning and then will be on a short "break" before starting rounds on the 14th. We have A LOT to get done over those few weeks, but it will be great.

I am still enjoying work very much. I have been especially grateful that they have been so accommodating and understanding of me with the pregnancy - and also how much the job has kept me occupied and mentally stimulated. Some days I am absolutely exhausted, so it is kind of challenging for me to "plow through" work - but I just set my mind to it and do it - and I am always glad that I did! I have also had the privilege of meeting some fantastic people at this job - and on a lot of "levels" both professional and personal. No matter what happens once Miles is born with this job, I am grateful for the time I have had at The Post. Goodness knows I will not be quick to forget my time there, seeing as how we are decorating his nursery with some prints from old Post covers. I joked with my boss that we could begin referring to our house as "The Southside Gallery" and they could put in in the brochures if they would like to!

There is more to list, but I think that is enough for now. I have gotten to spend some time with some friends, both old and new - and it has been fun. Miles is already being spoiled by some of his "aunties" (all of mommy's many friends) and I am so grateful for that. He isn't even here yet and he is already exceedingly loved - and really, what greater blessing could there be than that for a new life on this earth? I still have gotten "overwhelmed" a few times over the "things" that we need to get before he gets here - and they are expensive - for that matter, babies are expensive - but I really just need to not worry about those "details" right now, I have a feeling by the time he arrives, we will be more than "set" with the "things," not to mention that the "things" don't make for a loved baby, the people do! Goodness knows if a child could live on love alone - Miles is already much more than set!

I will be back in a week, if not sooner - we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment