Monday, June 21, 2010

A Case of the Mondays.....ugh

Friday grandma and grandpa were in town and it was great. Honestly, we ran around a pretty decent amount considering I was coming off of 5 days in the hospital, and I think I was just desperate for some kind of "normalcy." I talked Gram into us girls' getting pedicures....and I hate to say it, but I might have gotten her hooked! It was a big treat considering I can't reach my feet in quite the manner I am used to....it was also just great to chat with her. Meanwhile, Bapa napped at the house with the Magnificent Hans. In the evening we had dinner out and my lovely friend Jenny Petgen joined us. Grandma and grandpa have known her FOREVER but hadn't seen her in more than 20 years.

Friday evening was ugly. I don't really know why. I think I am overwhelmed/freaked out/anxious/high strung over Nate beginning rounds. I know that we have both been so excited for this "next step" in the process, however, there are a few unknowns as well as a general sense of change - and let's face the fact that I don't always handle change well. I am pretty sure Nate thought I had lost it completely.

Saturday we had a garage sale that went really well. We made a pretty decent amount of cash, especially considering we were just going to donate everything anyway! Nate was home by about 2:00 and we got to spend the day and evening together.

Sunday I made my way to church, and it was great to be back. I was truly overwhelmed at the amount of care and concern for myself, Nate and Miles. It really hammered in to my mind how greatful I am for this community we have built over the last year at Mt. Auburn. I truly love these people and feel so blessed to have them in our lives showing us the love of God at any hour of any day. I have always had a hard time asking for help and don't think I will ever be very comfortable doing so, however, I know for a fact that we have plenty of people we could call who would be there in a few minutes - and this means the whole world.

Today=ROTTEN. I had such hopes for what the day would hold - and it is a long story, but it was just lousy. It was even sadder when my sweet husband made it home and echoed that he had about the same kind of day, darn it. Let's chalk it up to a "case of the Mondays" and hope for a better tomorrow.

My nerves are shot, my back aches, and I feel like throwing up, but this too shall pass........

No comments:

Post a Comment