Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lucky 100?

As I was getting ready to begin this post, I saw on my blog "dashboard" that this is my 100th post. Really, it means nothing, but still 100 is kind of a fun and big number, a milestone of sorts? Without looking back, I think I started this blog somewhere around a year ago. Man, I find myself saying this phrase an awful lot as of the last few months, but "What a difference a year can make!" This past year has witnessed a lot of growth (and I am not simply referring to my ever growing belly!) I feel that the person I am today would have a lot of advice and direction to give myself one year ago. It is pretty amazing in life how things can have two distinct sides - in some ways, a year seems so long ago. I guess it seems as though I have "traveled" such a great distance. And yet, at the same moment, it seems like it was only a minute ago. Perhaps I need to get used to this sensation. Many people older and wiser than myself have assured me that this is the feeling that accompanies life on this earth.

That being said, here we are - a baby on the way in 9 weeks. A mommy who aches and is pretty darn exhausted. And a daddy who is spread pretty thin but doing a great job at everything. We finally made it to third year of medical school! We celebrated 8 years since we began dating, and in just another month will celebrate 5 years of marriage. Some days it feels like a wild ride and barely controlled chaos, but truth be told, I would not trade it for anything else in the world, and at the end of the day - this is what matters the most, isn't it?

In bigger news, I have one more ultrasound for the pregnancy tomorrow (as long as all looks well) - my measurements have just been a little bit on the small side, so the doctor said he just wanted to be sure all was well in there. If the tiny child's kicking is any indication, he is just fine - but I will rest a little (ok, maybe a LOT) easier with the reassurance of "seeing" that all is well. I am getting ready (actually today) to talk with my boss and I am pretty sure I will be giving them an end date for my job sometime in the next few weeks. This has been quite a "hot topic" in my mind just wondering what to do with this job. I love it so much, but with Miles well on his way, our priorities are different. We have known for quite some time that I would not be going back once he was born unless many things changed - and truth be told, this probably wasn't going to happen. Then, my "plan" changed into something along the lines of "I will work until as close to Miles being born as I can," but increasing levels of exhaustion and my mind wandering elsewhere have led me to different ideas in the past few weeks. The "purpose" of the job somewhere shifted from "it is important because it is keeping me busy and occupied" to "it is stressing me out because I feel like I am not as reliable and professional as I would like to be." Nate and I finally decided that it would be better for me to leave The Post on a really positive note rather than with decreased work-flow and productivity. I feel confident in this decision, but sad and upset at the same time. I don't want to be sorry I left to early later.....but I only can go on my feelings and thoughts as of this moment, and it seems to be the best option.

In upcoming events my mom comes in town this weekend and we will be having a girls weekend. Really, a "staycation" in Indy of sorts. We have a hotel room on the north side for Friday and Saturday night and will be seeing TOM PETTY! We will also be doing some shopping, some eating, and some general fun! Sunday through Tuesday my father-in-law will be in town. I haven't seen him in months, so it will be great to have him for a visit. The 24th is my 2nd and final baby shower here in Indy at our church. Grandma and Suzie will be making the trip down for that. Monday of next week Nate shifts from inpatient Peds at Riley to his outpatient Peds portion of his Pediatrics rotation. He is going to be working at an office in Franklin and I think it may be a little bit more mild in pace than Riley has been. I am pretty excited for a slower pace, but Nate is kind of sad to be coming to the end of his Riley experience - although it has been hard work, he has LOVED it. That kind of encompasses the month of July. The next thing we know, it will be the month of August. August is the last month of the pregnancy - and then BOOM - at the beginning of September we hope to be holding our little baby boy in our arms - I can't wait for that moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment