Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Wonderful Wizard of Dometic

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (well 3 hours north, but you catch my drift) there lived a man we shall call "Dad the Awesome." Dad worked for a wonderful company that sold magical "mini-fridges" to hotels in the midwest. I called Dad after a rough couple of weeks to ask him about any advice for a weekend away. He sent a magic e-mail and hooked Nathan and I up with a weekend away in the magical town of "Mariemont, OH."

It was much needed and "just what Nathan (the doctor, although still future) ordered." We had a FABULOUS time. It was great for Nathan and me just to be able to reconnect again and get away from some worries.

Our great friends, Brad and Krista, watched the Magnificent Hans for us. Hans got to be with his girlfriend Sadie.

We spent three days and two nights in Mariemont. We had good food, fun, and lots and LOTS of Graeters Ice Cream!
This is Graeters Ice Cream - yes, those are 6 small cones for both of us to split - it is the BEST ice cream on the planet - and I would know because I am a professional ice cream taster - Grandma and Grandpa Wilkey - this is all for you!

Us on the observation deck of Carew Tower, the tallest building in CincyUs with the "pig" outside of Montgomery Inn, the most famous restaurant in Cincinnati (famous for their ribs). It was good, but not really fabulous - definitely overrated in my opinion. Still very fun!Some nice camera work on Nate's behalf - I was actually standing a few feet in front of this pig-thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment