Friday, September 18, 2009

Define: Drunk Dialing

So Nate and I do not drink alcohol. First of all, we have WAY to much fun sober to need the alcohol. It can be pricey. It can lead to questionable judgement and decisions. It can, and often times does, lower inhibitions (which can be good in smaller doses, but not as much in larger ones!) And if anyone has ever, ever seen Nate under the influence of a single cup of coffee, you would be scared (and yet curious, becuase it would proabably be HILARIOUS) to see that boy drunk.

Also, on another note, with some family history, perhaps it would be like playing with fire. That being said, other than a few questionable decisions in high-school involving me and some experimenting........we do not drink.

Changing the subject slightly, but follow with me if you will......

I have been having a hard time sleeping. Goodness only knows why, but last week I went to the doctor due to having a terrible cold and a suspected case of pink eye. While I was there I asked the doctor about the "hard time sleeping" issue. He gave me a prescription for Ambien, not to take on a regular basis, but just to help if I am a bit wound up. I was with some med-school wives last night, it was a great time, but when I got home Nate was sleepy, and I was still running on high-power. For Nate's own peace of mind and a quiet night, I decided to test-run the Ambien.

I am pretty sure it made me feel "drunk-ish." Within a little bit my mind got a bit-blurry. Then the worst part happened. I grabbed my blackberry and got on facebook.......then I started writing stuff.......OH MY GOODNESS. To be 100% honest, I kind of remember doing it....but woke up this morning and was like, "Did I actually do that?!" It is pretty much like the Facebook version of "Drunk Dialing."

Wikipedia defines "drunk dialing" as: Drunk dialing is a pop-culture term denoting an instance in which an intoxicated individual places phone calls that he or she would not likely place if sober. The term often refers to a lonely individual calling former or current love interests. The term drunk dialing is a parody of drunk driving, and is intended to imply similar undesired consequences

It goes on to mention "drunk texting" (which is probably closer!")and defines it as:"Drunk texting" is a related phenomenon, and potentially yet more embarrassing for the sender as, once the message is sent, it cannot be retrieved; the message will most likely be misspelled (due to being drunk), and it might be reviewed and shared among many.

Holy cow....I wrote my beloved aunt a sappy post.....(yes there were some misspellings), but my personal fave was a post I wrote to someone I have literally met one time (so pretty much a complete stranger).....he wrote a post about fall (you know, the season) at which point I replied to him with this: "Hey (name inserted here)....r u a fall lover? If so, fall desserts and baked goods abound in our home and hot cider! Are you in the Indy area? If so, we gotta get together!" I LOVE that I said "are you" with "r u".....r u kidding me? (haha)

Holy cow.....maybe no more Ambien for me.....and if I do have Ambien, someone should probably hide my Blackberry!

I am taking it a bit easier today.....the magnificent Hans doesn't seem to be feeling too fantastic today. I feel starved for conversation. Nate just called and had like 2 minutes and I wanted to talk to him for an hour....his response....."ok hun, I gotta go.....I actually mean I have to go........sorry, but GOTTA GO!"

Oh boy! I sure hope someone enjoys this story......It is kind of embarrasing, but now I know my lesson, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Hide the blackberry and get some sleep! Holy smokes, that made my jaw drop, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN! I'm so glad I found this fun blog of yours. You crack me up. This story made me laugh so hard! It's a good thing you don't drink, right?!
    I was sooooo sick the other day and called Marty to come get E on the bus and to take J boy away until I could come to and actually move. Any way as I was some what out of it and a little delusional I started thinking, "I should call Jen right now and see how she is doing these days." Still not being able to move I tried to grab my phone and thought, "I might not remember this conversation if I do call her so I'll wait."
    Any way I was thinking of you when I thought I was going to die, not sure what that says about me, but I still am wondering how you are doing. We gotta get together some time in the very near future. Now that I'm feeling better I'll call you.

    ReplyDelete