Monday, August 30, 2010

The human ticking time bomb........

Well folks, this blog post may be it for a little while (or not, who knows? - perhaps I will be in the "mood" to blog daily from now until Friday - I will roll with the punches.)

This post finds me 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I am exhausted and mostly delerious from lack of sleep - I haven't slept more than about 45 minutes at a time in the past three weeks. I feel so "off" but I am not in labor. The nurse (whom I am sure knows me on a first name basis and says the words "oh no, not her again" each time my number appears on their office phone) assures me that this is all normal and to be expected at this point in the pregnancy. I never realized how incompatible with my personality this last little bit of the pregnancy would be. Last Friday I went in for my check up - at which point the doctor (not my doctor - seeing as how he was on vacation last week) says to me "oh yes, you're making progress, it could be later today or later" - are you kidding me, buddy? Couldn't you evaluate me and announce - "yes, you are this far along, you will be holding a cute, cuddly baby boy in your arms in exactly 3 days, 2 hours and 29 minutes......."

AHHHHHHHH!!!! So, in case you didn't catch the drift, I am exhausted and my nerves are shot. Here's the deal. Because I am pretty sure the doctor is positive I am going to LOSE it without a definitive end date - IF Miles does not come naturally before Saturday, September 4th (that is THIS Saturday) we will be dragging our little bums over to the hospital for an induction at 6:00 am. The light is at the end of the tunnel. That is only 4 days from now. I will be 39 weeks and 2 days - and they will agree to induce you at 39 weeks even if not medically deemed necessary (and we are NOT medically necessary - we are "mom is going bat-crap crazy" necessary - and there IS a difference.) Some people may disagree with our decision process, but we are confident with it. This is the day after Nate's exam and the first day of his "vacation" month - and we know that month will come to a definite end - so that is another reason we are going forward with this plan.

As for my plans for these next four days - it is going to involve whatever in the heck I want it to. Right now that is reading, cuddling with Hans, and speding a pretty fair amount of time in the chair. It may include walks (if I feel like it) it should include some laundry (hmmmm....we'll see about that one). Perhaps I should try to make one more trip to the grocery store (I SHOULD but this doesn't mean it is going to happen.) I don't want to go very far seeing as how my belly pretty much touches the steering wheel when I drive.

And so, perhaps there will be another post, perhaps not. After Miles is born, I am more than sure that within a given matter of time, we will be sharing his story and pictures on here - so until then, I bid you all a short goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment